Saturday, August 29, 2009

Update #1...One Down, Lots to Go

So much for weekly updates...it's been over a month since I've been here! Find my belated updates below:


1. Floss 3-4 times a week. Flossed for a couple days, then stopped. Started again two weeks ago, but then a tooth really started to hurt. Had to go to the dentist, but he couldn't find anything really that wrong with it (I do have a small cavity that needs to filled, but my dentist said the cavity wouldn't cause the type of pain I was describing.) The dentist also said the pain may be related to grinding and/or clenching my teeth...maybe related to back-to-school stress. Hmmm, very suspicious. Anyway, I haven't flossed in over a week now.

2. Eat more "super foods" and at least 5 fruits and veggies a day. This goal kind of went out the door when we went to Texas and were introduced to their love of buffets. I'm vowing to focus on this one again when we go grocery shopping at the beginning of September.

3. Buy a three bedroom house with a yard. No progress. Still living in an apartment I don't totally care for. We will start looking for a new apartment at the beginning of September.


4. Be a guest on the Oprah show. Watched a few episodes of Oprah...does that count as progress? :)

5. Travel through Europe again. Visiting Texas was like going to a foreign country, but it definitely wasn't Europe.

6. Lose weight; approximately 60 lbs. (This goal probably includes exercising at least 4 days a week.) I was working out 4-5 days a week before Texas. Since Texas I've worked out twice and haven't been to the gym to weigh myself. Doesn't look good for progress on this goal.

7. Be less stressed. Doing okay on this one, despite my first back-to-school dream.
http://pigtailedteacher.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-back-to-school-dream.html



8. Get rid of my planter's warts. One almost gone and diligently working on getting rid of the other two.

9. Eat an Arby's roast beef and cheddar sandwich. Still a vegetarian...well, except for that one incident at happy hour recently.


http://pigtailedteacher.blogspot.com/2009/08/square-lotusand-some-not-so-vegertarian.html

10. Write and publish a children's book. I organized my writing materials and started straightening up our den, but I didn't actually start work on any stories yet. http://pigtailedteacher.blogspot.com/2009/08/summer-goals.html

11. Wear a bikini and look good in it. Haven't made a lot of progress on goals #2 or #6, so this goal is a bust too.


12. Find a creative job that is related to kids and education, that has less stress than teaching and is at least comparable in pay and time off. No progress.

13. Eat at the Frida Kahlo restaurant in Puerto Vallarta again. No progress.



14. Get another degree. No progress.


15. Do a family healthy history/genealogy thingy. Talked briefly about this one with my aunt and cousin while having lunch two weeks ago.

16. Pay off my credit cards. No progress (and no further debt either!)

17. Take a cruise somewhere warm. No progress.

18. Finish two of my current art projects. Wow, more no progress.

19. Sport a new hairdo. Still deciding on this one. I'm thinking about shorter and redder. Maybe.

20. Read all of the Caldecott winners. Finally, here's one I can positively report on! I've read three Caldecot winners this summer: Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell, Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata, and The Higher Power of Lucky by Susan Patron. Look for my reviews of these books coming to my main blog: http://pigtailedteacher.blogspot.com/

21. Have an art show of my work. Since I haven't made any progress on goal #18, that means I haven't made any progress on goal #21 either.

22. Interview my parents. No formal interviews with them yet.

23. Collect and sell children's' books. No progress.

24. Spend a year traveling to all 50 states. No progress.

25. Eat at CiCi's Pizza. COMPLETED AUGUST 2009 IN HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Here is a picture of CiCi's famous macaroni and cheese pizza!












No comments:

Post a Comment